1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2011 4:06 PM by walterkarroll RSS

If I have to camp out...

VZWSWAG
      If it comes down to having to camp out. Verizon store or apple store? And how early would you guys recommend getting there? I was thinking around 5pm on wednesday the 9th.
        • 1. Re: If I have to camp out...
          hmvargo

Ok, first off. Where do you live? That is a BIG question. If you are in a BIG town with A LOT of people yeah I'd say go early. 

Secondly: If I have to camp out I'm getting at Verizon at 4 AM on the 10th. They open at 7. However, I am in a smaller town 

As for which place to go to. I can't remember if you are eligible for upgrade or not. If you are it doesn't really matter. If you aren't I'd say Apple. 

• 2. Re: If I have to camp out...
            XxIRATEDIxX

I live in el paso (5th largest city in Texas) I showed up to ATT at 530 on launch day, they opened at 7. How many ppl in front of me? 15 lol thats it. I sold that baby for a pretty penny on eBay lol. You should be fine man. Pre-order wont be that bad online you should be able to get one dont worry.

• 3. Re: If I have to camp out...
              VZWSWAG
              Ok I live in NYC so pretty big city I would say. But I live in the suburbs of queens. Also, I am eligible but I may not be able to pre order because I won't be able to pay my account until the fourth and by that time the pre orders may be sold out. So yeah, nyc
              • 4. Re: If I have to camp out...
                budone

VZWSWAG wrote:
                Ok I live in NYC so pretty big city I would say. But I live in the suburbs of queens. Also, I am eligible but I may not be able to pre order because I won't be able to pay my account until the fourth and by that time the pre orders may be sold out. So yeah, nyc

Where abouts in Queens???

• 5. Re: If I have to camp out...
                  VZWSWAG
                  Bayside area
                  • 6. Re: If I have to camp out...
                    kyomagi

I live in a small city just north of detroit, the verizon store is about 2-3 miles away.  They also said they will have cops patrolling the area so we will be safe.  I will have my ipad ready IF IF IF i miss out on the pre  order, which TBH, if your an existing customer, i cant see you missing out unless you wait till the end of the day on the 3rd

• 7. Re: If I have to camp out...
                      This has gotten completely out of hand. Now people are camping out to buy a cell phone?? No wonder this country is so **bleep** up.
                      • 8. Re: If I have to camp out...
                        phonesftw

Not quite sure why it bothers you what someone does with there time I didn't realize it bothered you.  For most people its an experience and a time to meet new people.

• 9. Re: If I have to camp out...
                          AZSALUKI
                          I

jimfitzgerald wrote:
                          This has gotten completely out of hand. Now people are camping out to buy a cell phone?? No wonder this country is so **bleep** up.
                          Lol.....I'm guessin you don't do black Friday Jim?
                          1 2 3 Previous Next